Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 21st June 2004, 18:29
Anonymous

Re: Зарубежная пресса о теннисе

Fine form buoys Federer
BBC

Defending champion Roger Federer is full of confidence as he prepares to defend his title at Wimbledon.
The world number one will open the proceedings on Centre Court on Monday against Britain's Alex Bogdanovic.

And Federer told BBC Radio Five Live's Sportsweek programme: "I feel I am playing better now than 12 months ago."

The Swiss star retained his title in Halle last week and added: "Every match had something really good about it which gave me a lot of confidence."

Speaking about his hopes of retaining his title in SW19, he said: "As the number one in the world and the defending champion I am definitely one of the favourites.

"But there are a lot of other players like Andy Roddick, Tim Henman and Lleyton Hewitt. These are the main rivals and then Goran Ivanisevic.....you never know."

And he also admits that he had had to do some research before facing wildcard Bogdanovic.

"It's going to be interesting to see what happens because I don't really know him." Federer said.

Ivanisevic, who won the title in 2001 but has not returned since because of injury, is second on Centre Court against Mikhael Youzkny.

"I'm not nervous because I've nothing to lose - I'm just going to have fun," said the Croat.

"For two years I couldn't serve and I was very close to stopping but I then I said I have to come here - I owe it to myself, to the people here. I'm struggling but I'm taking my medicine and hopefully I'm going to survive."