Форум о ставках на спорт  

Вернуться   Форум о ставках на спорт > BetsYouWin :: Обсуждения, прогнозы, мнения > Теннис

Ответ

Опции темы
Старый 21st December 2004, 01:31
Kasper Kasper вне форума
Чумовой динозаврЪ

Henman back in training
20/12/04

Henman will need to be in good shape in order to do well in Australia.

Tim Henman returned to his day job last week – albeit in a reduced capacity after the birth of his second child Olivia – when he started his off-court training in preparation for the 2005 season.

“Obviously things were a little busier than usual last week but I still had to try and find the opportunity to put in some time at the gym,” explained Henman.

“It’s amazing to think it’s almost Christmas and soon I’ll be heading to Australia.

“We don’t have much time to relax at the end of the year and as the conditions in Australia can be very testing it’s important to be in the best possible shape physically when I arrive.

“Historically, I’ve always done a lot of stamina work in order to try and get a good base at this time of the year, and I’m also working hard in the gym with my strength programme.

“There are also certain exercises that have been recommended to me for my back and shoulder, and I’m making sure I continue those in an effort to stay injury free for as much of the time as possible when I compete.

“In terms of hitting balls, I won’t be doing too much of that this side of Christmas as I don’t tend to lose my feel on the ball after only a few weeks, so at this stage my focus is very much on the off-court side of things.

“I really enjoyed my rest and although it was a bit on the short side I’m really looking forward to next year so I’m very motivated to get as much work in as possible before heading to Australia.”
Старый 23rd December 2004, 07:02
Kasper Kasper вне форума
Чумовой динозаврЪ

Q&A Monday December 20, 2004

Are there any ranking points available at the Kooyong Classic?
Tim says: “No – it’s an exhibition event so there are no ATP Entry System or Champions Race points up for grabs, although because it’s going to be the only event many of the eight players are playing before the Australian Open the competition will be just as fierce as if there were.”

What star sign are you?
Tim says: “I was born on the September 6 1974, so that makes me a Virgo, but I’ve never taken much of an interest in star signs.”

If you weren’t a professional tennis player what do you think you would have ended up doing for a living?
Tim says: “That’s always a difficult question to answer but I love my golf and I play pretty well so I’d like to think that I would have had a chance to have done well at that too. I’m not arrogant enough to think I would have definitely made it as a professional – but I would have certainly given it a good go.”

As you now have two daughters, will you try for a son?
Tim says: “Things are pretty hectic around here after Olivia’s birth, and I’m up to my elbows in dirty nappies so the last thing I’m thinking about at the moment is another child – boy or girl!”

What do you want for Christmas?
Tim says: “With everything going well when Olivia was born last week I’ve already got everything I could ever wish for.”
Старый 23rd December 2004, 07:06
Kasper Kasper вне форума
Чумовой динозаврЪ

Henman praises Federer
21/12/04

Britain’s Tim Henman was full of praise for Roger Federer after the Swiss superstar was named world champion by the International Tennis Federation.

“Roger’s a class act,” explained the 30-year-old Englishman.

“There can be no doubt that he’s the best in the world – he’s totally dominated the sport this year and he’s done it making an awful lot of friends along the way.

“I think the main difference between him and the rest of us is the fact that he has so much self-confidence, which allows him to play the big points very aggressively, and he can hurt his opponents in so many different ways.

“His forehand is his big strength but his backhand improved a lot throughout the year as he gained in confidence, so it became very difficult to live with him from the back of the court.

“His serve is underrated; he’s never going to break any world records in terms of speed but he has the ability to disguise his serve really well and he can hit the corners time and time again, which makes life very difficult for the returner.

“On top of that, if he feels he needs to change things tactically he can do as he appears just as comfortable serving and volleying as he does staying back and hitting aggressively from the baseline.

“At times this year he’s been virtually unplayable and it’s up to the rest of us to try and make life difficult for him.

“It’s a big ask, but it’s a tremendous challenge. It’s going to be interesting to see how he reacts at the beginning of next year as obviously the expectation levels have risen dramatically in line with all of his success this year.

“If he remains healthy and nobody finds a way to challenge him consistently he could dominate for a while yet.”
Старый 23rd December 2004, 07:09
Kasper Kasper вне форума
Чумовой динозаврЪ

Tennis tips: Keeping in shape whilst injured
22/12/04

This week I received an interesting email from Jeremy, who wanted to know what fitness areas he could concentrate on whilst carrying a knee injury.

I’m recovering from a knee injury at the moment and I was wondering what I could do in order to keep my fitness up in the meantime?

Physical conditioning is important at any level.

Tim says: “It’s never easy when you have a lower-body injury as it means there isn’t too much you can do in order to keep up your base level of cardiovascular fitness. Without knowing the exact nature of your injury it’s impossible to give you any advice on what I think you should or shouldn’t be doing.

The best thing to do is to ask your doctor for a list of things you definitely can’t do and take it from there.

Once he gives you the go-ahead you might want to focus on the areas of your body that aren’t affected – upper body for instance – as well as your body-core strength.

Stretching is also nearly always overlooked and your recovery time can be spent improving your flexibility, which is a very under-rated area.

Pilates is also very good for improving your body-core strength and posture without putting your body under too much pressure, so that’s also something that you might want to think about.

The main thing to focus on, though, will undoubtedly be your re-habilitation work.

I know from experience that it can be tedious at times but it’s so important to conscientiously stick to your programme so that you maximise your chances of not having any further problems in the future.”
Старый 23rd December 2004, 07:10
Kasper Kasper вне форума
Чумовой динозаврЪ

Tim looking forward to Christmas
22/12/04

After Christmas Henman will head Down Under.

British number one Tim Henman says he is looking forward to Christmas with his newly-extended family, happy in the knowledge that it’s going to be very busy.

Henman’s wife Lucy gave birth to their second child, Olivia, on Wednesday December 15.

“Lucy and I are really looking forward to Christmas,” said Henman.

“The week or so leading up to Olivia being born was difficult as both Lucy and I were thinking about it constantly.

“I was trying to keep as busy as possible at home, but without the distraction of matches that’s easier said than done!”

“Having said that, a couple of years ago when Lucy was expecting Rosie it was towards the end of the year and I was trying desperately to concentrate on playing but I always had one eye on my phone waiting for it to ring with the latest news.

“My results definitely suffered because of that and so this time around things should hopefully work out for the better as I’ve still got a bit of time until I head to Australia.”

Henman has decided to start his 2005 campaign at the Kooyong Classic in Melbourne, which starts on Wednesday January 12.

“Christmas is always one of my favourite times of the year and I love spending time with my family, and it will be nice not to have to dash off quite so quickly this year,” explained the world number six.

“I obviously spend much of my life abroad living out of a suitcase when competing so I really appreciate this time of the year.”
Старый 2nd January 2005, 01:21
Kasper Kasper вне форума
Чумовой динозаврЪ

Henman looking forward to 2005
1/1/05 7:35 AM

The off-season has been relatively light for Henman.

Tim Henman is just days away from starting his 2005 campaign and the British number one is ready to continue where he left off after his most successful year to date in 2004.

“I have so many positive memories of last year,” said the 30-year-old.

“It’s been nice to be able to enjoy the off-season and look back on everything I achieved throughout the year.

“But the really great thing is I feel there’s still a lot of improvement in me and if I can stay fit and healthy I don’t see any reason why I can’t build on what I achieved.”

Henman has spent the last few weeks working hard on his fitness but some slight stiffness in his back has limited his time on court.

“My back is always going to be an issue and I’ve just got to accept that it will stiffen up occasionally,” explained Henman.

“I have certain exercises that I try and do as often as possible which no doubt help my cause but unfortunately it’s very much a wear and tear thing and it’s something I’ve just got to try and deal with the best I can when it flares up.

“The same thing can be said for my shoulder but despite being troubled with both of those in Paris and New York last year I still managed to do pretty well.

“I think that has a lot to do with understanding my body and getting the best out of it, irrespective of the circumstances, which is something I’m getting better at.

“I certainly haven’t worked as hard in the off-season this year as I have on occasion in the past but I think that will help me start this year as fresh as possible, as I hope to have a busy year.”
Старый 3rd January 2005, 02:48
Kasper Kasper вне форума
Чумовой динозаврЪ

Henman looking to continue fine form

Tim Henman hopes to continue where he left off in 2004. The world number six reached two major championship semi-finals at French and U.S. Opens last year, but warned his fans: "I certainly haven’t worked as hard in the off-season this year as I have on occasion in the past."
His wife, Lucy, gave birth to their second child Olivia on 15 December, but Henman believes this will benefit him over a busy year.

"I think that will help me start this year as fresh as possible, as I hope to have a busy year,” the 30-year-old told his official website.

“It's been nice to be able to enjoy the off-season and look back on everything I achieved throughout the year.

“But the really great thing is I feel there's still a lot of improvement in me and if I can stay fit and healthy I don't see any reason why I can't build on what I achieved.”

Henman has spent the last few weeks working hard on his fitness but the birth of his daughter and some stiffness in his back has limited his time on court.

“My back is always going to be an issue and I've just got to accept that it will stiffen up occasionally,” explained Henman.

“The same thing can be said for my shoulder but despite being troubled with both of those in Paris and New York last year I still managed to do pretty well.

“I think that has a lot to do with understanding my body and getting the best out of it, irrespective of the circumstances, which is something I'm getting better at."

Источник
Старый 3rd October 2005, 01:32
Brainstorm Brainstorm вне форума
Чумовой динозаврЪ

Tim Henman has withdrawn from the Japan Open starting on Monday because of lingering problems with his back.
The British number one has not played since losing in the first round of the US Open in August.

"I've been training and practising this week and my back feels pretty good," he said. "The trouble is I haven't been able to really push myself.

"Obviously I want to have been able to do that before I start playing matches again," added the 31-year-old.

"It's a lot better than it was last week and I'd say it's about 85% now.

"I don't think it would be sensible to rush back a week too early just for the sake of one event, as I've got to really keep an eye on the big picture.

"I want to try and make sure that when I do compete again it's when I'm good and ready, and I need to be confident that I'm going to be able to play a few matches back-to-back without any adverse effects.

I want to try and play as many tournaments as I can between now and the end of the year

Tim Henman

"That said, I'm pleased with the progress I'm making at the moment."

Henman is very close to losing his status as British number one.

He is 28th in the latest world rankings, with Greg Rusedski just one place behind him.

Henman said: "My aim now is to be ready to play as soon as possible, as I want to try and play as many tournaments as I can between now and the end of the year.

"That will give me a good opportunity to see exactly where I stand so that I can work on the appropriate areas of my game in the off-season ready for next year."

Henman was forced to pull out of the Thailand Open because of his back problem.

That handed his British compatriot Andy Murray his place in the draw for the Bangkok event.

The Scot went on to reach the final, where he was beaten by world number one Roger Federer.
Старый 25th December 2005, 04:49
Акутагава Акутагава вне форума
Парадоксов друг

Post Хенмэн еще поиграет

Лучший теннисист Англии Тим Хенмэн признался, что 2005 год был худшим в его карьере профессионала, сообщает 1raketka.ru. 31-летний теннисист сказал, что в этом сезоне слишком устал от тенниса, однако надеется, что в 2006 году все поменяется. Начал год Хенмэн на шестом месте в рейтинге, а закончил на 37-м. "Я физически и психологически устал после сезона 2004 года. Поэтому я не смог нормально подготовиться к следующему сезону, и не удивлен тем, как этот год для меня сложился. У меня не было ни желания, ни сил играть. Но теперь меня вдохновляет пример Агасси. Ему 35 лет - почему он играет? Потому, что ему нравится то, что он делает, потому что он соревнуется сам с собой, и кто посмеет сказать ему, что пора остановиться? Посмотрим, что будет со мной через год", - заключил Хенмэн.

Источник
Старый 6th April 2007, 23:44
Jo_Jo_Nyeb Jo_Jo_Nyeb вне форума
Вынес мусор

Снизу вверх читается

Davis Cup, Birmingham

Second singles rubber result:

T HENMAN (GB) v R HAASE (Ned)

7-6 (7-4) 6-3 7-6 (7-4)

GAME-BY-GAME UPDATES
By Sophie Brown

Third set:

Henman 7-6 (6-4) Haase
As in the first set tie-break, Henman takes the early initiative. A brilliant lob spurs him nearer to victory and when Haase nets a forehand, the British number two has three match points. Haase saves one of them but a double fault gifts victory to Henman. Henman couldn't have wished for a better comeback to Davis Cup tennis - a straight-sets victory to give Britain a 2-0 lead.

Henman 6-6 Haase
Once again Haase comes within two points of defeat. But two huge serves from 30-30 ensures that the third set will be decided on a tie-break.

Henman 6-5 Haase
Henman wastes no time in putting the pressure straight back on Haase, coming up with a love service game.

Henman 5-5 Haase
The Dutchman is in big trouble as he goes 0-30 down. He battles back to 40-30 only to then double-fault. But the 20-year-old shows real spirit to hang in and level the score in this set.

Henman 5-4 Haase
Henman double-faults to go 15-30 down, then his backhand slice drifts long and Haase has two break points. We've been here before... But the Briton wins the next four points - he's now within a game of victory.

Henman 4-4 Haase
A love game for Haase stops Henman's run of games.

Henman 4-3 Haase
Henman comes up with an ace at 30-30 and goes on to win his third game in a row. Surely the match is now his for the taking...

Henman 3-3 Haase
Haase's inexperience gives Henman a lifeline. The Dutchman is guilty of poor shot selection, trying to finish points off too soon and making unforced errors. Henman earns the break and it's back on serve in the third set.

Henman 2-3 Haase
At deuce on Henman's serve, the Briton goes to his chair to sort out a problem with his tennis shoe. Not sure that's allowed but Dutch team captain Jan Siemerink seems cool about it. It does the trick for the 32-year-old, who wins the next two points to hold serve.

Henman 1-3 Haase
Haase blasts through his service game. Henman's got some work to do if he wants to be home in time for EastEnders.

Henman 1-2 Haase
Henman has a - dare I say it - trademark lapse in concentration. He serves a double-fault at break point to hand Haase a birthday present break.

Henman 1-1 Haase
Haase holds, dropping just one point on serve. The atmosphere in Birmingham has understandably gone a bit flat with Henman seemingly well in control of this match. The colourful Dutch mob are still trying to lift their man, however, cheering loudly when a point goes his way.

Henman 1-0 Haase
Henman cruises through his opening service game in the third set.

Second set:

Henman 6-3 Haase
Henman produces a brilliant arcing forehand winner down the line to take opening point of the game and a mishit sets up a set point. He works the point beautifully, securing the set with a simple drop volley.

Henman 5-3 Haase
The Dutch fans start a chant to rouse their man, who gets to 30-30 on the Henman serve. But the Briton manages to avoid any danger with some good serving as he edges closer to a two-set lead.

Henman 4-3 Haase
A feeble high backhand volley into the net sees Haase go break point down. The Dutchman has an extreme grip and it means that when he mistimes the ball, he does it big time and a couple of times in the game, the ball shoots off in the direction of the roof. But credit to Haase, he comes through a tough game.

Henman 4-2 Haase
Haase runs round his forehand to lash a cross-court winner to go 0-30 up on Henman's serve. But the Briton uses all his experience to get himself back into the game, playing solidly and waiting for his inexperienced opponent to make all the errors. Henman holds.

Henman 3-2 Haase
Haase is trying to fire himself up and it does the trick in this game, as he hangs in in the set with a service hold.

"Anyone who plays club tennis knows that this (Henman's situation in the match) can be made a pig's ear of."
BBC summariser Andrew Castle

Henman 3-1 Haase
A love service game from Henman and he is halfway to taking the second set.

Henman 2-1 Haase
Henman works his way to 0-40 on his opponent's serve. Haase saves one but mistimes a forehand to hand the British number two a break. Haase is looking a bit dejected now as Henman is firmly in the driving seat in this match.

Henman 1-1 Haase
Henman holds his opening serve. Haase, with his mop-top of curls and tall, slim frame, has the look of a pre-shorn Andy Murray, and the Dutchman shows a bit of Murray-like fire when a call goes against him.

Henman 0-1 Haase
How will the young Dutchman, who was seven years old when Henman made his Davis Cup debut, deal with the disappointment with losing that tight opening set? He goes 0-30 down on his serve but does well to thwart an invigorated Henman to hold serve.

First set:

Henman 7-6 (7-4) Haase
Henman gets to set point with a beautiful backhand down the line. He chips and charges on Haas' next serve to wrap up the first set.

Henman 6-6 Haase
Another comfortable service hold for Haase takes the first set into a tiebreak.

Henman 6-5 Haase
Despite some dogged retrieving from Haase, which involves him leaping over the advertising hoardings in pursuit of the ball, Henman holds, dropping just one point. The Briton looks pretty relaxed so far on his return to the Davis Cup arena, sharing a joke with captain John Lloyd at the change of ends.

Henman 5-5 Haase
The ideal time for Henman to turn the screw and he wins the opening point with some good pressing play. But Haase, who is celebreating his 20th birthday today, shows great composure to hold pretty comfortably.

Henman 5-4 Haase
It's Henman's turn to enjoy a love service game and the 32-year-old does a trademark skip of joy as he returns to his chair.

Henman 4-4 Haase
Despite being down in the tie, the Dutch fans are full of beans, and are trying to rouse the home fans - but there's a bit of British reserve going on and the local support don't seem too interested in joining in the fun. On the court, meanwhile, Haase enjoys another love game.

Henman 4-3 Haase
Haase looks a bit gangly but he can't half belt the ball hard. Fortunutely for Henman, he whacks it out at the crucial moment, that is, on break point. Henman survives to hold.

Henman 3-3 Haase
Haase, who so far has looked impressive if erratic, blasts through his service game without dropping a point.

"Over the years, Henman has dismantled hundreds of people who play just like Haase. Experience will tell Tim what to do."
BBC summariser Andrew Castle

Henman 3-2 Haase
Henman wins four points in a row from 0-30 down to keep ahead in the first set.

Henman 2-2 Haase
Haase goes 0-40 down but two booming serves and an Henman error help him to get back on level terms.

Henman 2-1 Haase
A much more comfortable service game from Henman, who drops just one point as he holds.

Henman 1-1 Haase
The perfect riposte from Henman as he breaks back straight away. It might be an idea to put that dinner reservation back an hour or two.

Henman 0-1 Haase
Ah, how we've missed Tim! The Henman rollercoaster, usually spread out over the course of the match, is condensed into the opening game. The 32-year-old cruises to 40-0 up then allows Haase back into the game with three double faults. Henman saves a break point but double-faults for a fourth time to hand an early break to the Dutchman.

Лоол, 4ре двойные в первом гейме сделал Тим, ведя 40-0
Старый 23rd September 2007, 03:13
Акутагава Акутагава вне форума
Парадоксов друг

Post Тим Хенмэн завершил карьеру

http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2007ne...man_retire.asp

Вслед за Руседски уходит и Хенмэн. Энди будет теперь один бицца за всех. Впечатляет рез в Кубке Дэвиса у Тигра - 29-8 в одиночках и всего 2 поражения не на грунте. Ну и 11 побед и 16 финалов за карьеру - весьма недурно для англичанина.
Прабабушка Хенмэна стала в 1901 первой женщиной, которая подала из-за головы на Уимблдоне - с такими предками неудивительны успехи Тима.
Старый 17th January 2008, 02:12
Shursh Shursh вне форума
Любая нормальная подпись

Тим Хенмэн готовится стать тренером
Экс-первая ракетка Великобритании Тим Хенмэн, завершивший теннисную карьеру в прошлом году, рассказал о своих планах на будущее.

«Я легко могу представить себя тренером, хочу помогать молодым ребятам на их пути из юниоров в профессионалы. У меня прекрасные отношения с нашей теннисной ассоциацией. Как только я буду готов, мы обсудим мою будущую работу», – цитирует Хенмэна BBC.
Ответ

Опции темы